A nerd's confession

(A mini-short love story)

I talked about coffee and Global Warmng and contribution of coffee to Global warming.
She talked about life and people, and I wondered if I should recite my poems.

They don't exaggerate in movies; confessing is difficult, even when
lines are memorized.

"I know what you want to say, lover boy."
I looked at her and felt naked.

She smiled. Though no champion in non-verbal communication, I felt
play and love and discernment in her smile. Saying anything seemed needless.

It was perfect.

So I ruined it, "Listen, my social and emotional quotients aren’t that
high...and…you are too good for me, you know."

She took my hand in hers and kissed it adoringly. "You are too good to me, you know."

I wondered if I should recite my poems.

Published here as "Naked': http://www.postcardshorts.com/read-737.html

Comments

  1. bhai yeh sab kya chal raha hai???
    kab, kahan aur kaun???

    ReplyDelete
  2. waise check this out for a true nerd's confession http://xkcd.com/69/

    ReplyDelete
  3. its fiction. I ain' tht pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its nice! As different as my P.S. conversations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one....
    little different from usual love stories.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @somyaa, balli
    yeah i tried unusual in usual. am encouraged to see that u found it nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this piece of fiction!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts